Morpheus8 Face and Body device is a cutting edge, minimally invasive radiofrequency (RF) microneedling treatment for total skin rejuvenation. It can be used on the face, neck, and body in order to tighten and revitalize the skin through a process called fractional resurfacing which triggers the body to naturally produce more collagen and elastin – two of the most important components of healthy, beautiful skin.
What does Morpheus8 treat?
Most people only need 1-3 treatment sessions – far less than many other treatment types. The most common areas we treat are the face, neck, and abdominal stretch marks. It is specifically designed to correct:
Fine lines & wrinkles
Stretch marks & skin laxity
Body & facial scars
Morpheus8 Body is the first and only FDA-cleared technology to provide sub-dermal adipose tissue remodeling to tighten skin, smooth skin irregularities, stimulate collagen production, and diminish scarring and stretch marks while simultaneously minimizing skin injury (no physical down time), increase treatment uniformity, and maximize results of non-operative cosmetic procedures.
Most often a package of 3-6 treatments are required, although in some cases a single session might reach your goals. As every patient is different and has their own unique concerns and goals, treatment plans are tailored to your needs. Treatment sessions are spaced out over a few months with 6 to 8 weeks between sessions, giving your skin time to recover and start showing remarkable results in between sessions. Acne scarring and stretch marks tend to take the most treatment sessions to tackle. Patients facing these issues are likely to need up to 6 sessions.
Both men and women who are in good general health make good candidates for Morpheus8. There is no immediate down time post procedure and some patients experience slight redness or swelling, but these symptoms typically subside within a day or two of treatment. The results of Morpheus8 treatment take some time to fully activate, although most clients do see and feel some immediate improvement. The most noticeable time for results is after three weeks. From there, you’ll continue to notice steady improvements for about three months, which will hold for some time.
- Discontinue use of retinol, Retin-A, AHA, BHA or other active products 1 week prior to treatment.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes for 24-48 hours before and after treatment.
- Drink ample water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Discuss the use of any blood thinners or anti-platelet medications like aspirin with your aesthetician. Do not discontinue any blood thinning or anti platelet medications without the permission from your primary care provider, cardiologist, or neurologist. This also warrants a discussion with your injector and/or master aesthetician.
- Discontinue use of photosensitive medication if approved by your primary care physician and also reach out to your injector or master aesthetician.
NO Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment.
No sun exposure 1 week before and after treatment.
- Discontinue use of tanning beds 1 week before and after treatment.
- If you develop a cold sore or rash prior to your appointment you must reschedule. If you have ever experienced cold sores in the past it is imperative you take a prophylactic course of anti-viral medication such as acyclovir/valacyclovir. This can be prescribed by your primary care doctor or the provider at LISSÈ.
- Swelling, redness and bruising may occur for 1-7 days post treatment although it is rare. You will likely be edematous for 1-3 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week and always wear sunscreen.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A, Retinol, AHA, and BHA for 3-5 days post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of tanning beds 1 week post-treatment.
NO Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week post-treatment.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours post-treatment.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Your first step to achieving clear, beautiful and balanced skin. Everyone benefits from a customized skin care plan, whether or not you’re experiencing skin challenges.
Book a private session with our aesthetician for a detailed skin examination, product and service recommendations, a custom skin care plan, nutritional advice and more.
Start your journey toward revealing your beautiful and radiant skin.