Chemical peels use agents that peel layers of the skin, refine, and allow newer and healthier skin to present itself. Through chemical exfoliation, resurfacing treatments mildly stimulate the production of new, healthy facial cells to improve the appearance of your skin. Resurfacing affects the skin from the top down, resulting in more immediate surface exfoliation than other types of facials. They are an accelerated form of exfoliation.
There are several different types of resurfacing treatments, and the process varies based on your skin type and skin concerns. Your aesthetician will determine which peel level will be safest for your skin yet still meet your skin care goals. Prices will vary, depending on the depth of peel we recommend.
Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Addresses skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or other pigmentary changes. Appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections.
Smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. See noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections.
- Drink ample water, to keep your skin hydrated.
- Discontinue use of retinol, Retin-A, AHA, BHA or other active products 1 week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of tanning beds 1 week before and after treatment.
- No sun exposure 1 week before and after treatment.
- Discontinue use of photosensitive medication if approved by your primary care physician.
- AVOID: Alcohol, cigarettes, and food/drinks with large amounts of citrus at least 2 days prior to treatment.
- If you develop a cold sore or rash prior to your appointment you must reschedule.
- Expect to experience peeling for a time.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A, Retinol, AHA, and BHA for 3-5 days post-treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week and always wear sunscreen.
- Discontinue use of tanning beds 1 week post-treatment.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Your first step to achieving clear, beautiful and balanced skin. Everyone benefits from a customized skin care plan, whether or not you’re experiencing skin challenges.
Book a private session with our aesthetician for a detailed skin examination, product and service recommendations, a custom skin care plan, nutritional advice and more.
Start your journey toward revealing your beautiful and radiant skin.